Who should you invite to your Virtual / Hybrid Gala?
All seasoned nonprofit fundraisers know that the Pareto Principle (aka the 80/20 rule) is 100% true when you're raising money for a charity -- 20% of the donors contribute 80% of the funds.
In fact, a few of you have probably had an experience like this:
- You host your usual 750-person gala and it raises the usual [fill in the blank] amount, which is a hefty sum, and everyone is very pleased with the outcome.
- The next year, you've got new Event Chairs, and they have a different vision for the event. They want to shrink it down to just 250 people, and they're inviting all of their friends.
- You're nervous about it, but you go along because you want to support your Event Charis.
- And lo and behold, the 250-person event ends up raising 50% more raw dollars and double the net revenue, because you're not feeding all the non-contributing passengers who usually attend.
When you can pack the room with just the right people who have the means to give, have an affinity for your mission and feel inspired in that moment to make a different, you have reached a state of fundraising bliss.
Tomorrow morning (Tuesday, Feb. 9, 2021) at 9 am, we're going to interview a man who knows how to reach that state of fundraising bliss.
Join us for our next episode of "Virtual Galas Demystified".
- DATE: Tuesday, Feb. 9, 2021 at 9 am MST
- TITLE: What the Data says about Virtual Galas
- GUEST: Ryan Carpenter, Director, Market Solutions at Pursuant
- DESCRIPTION: Pursuant is a Dallas-based company that helps nonprofits leverage data to to supercharge their fundraising efforts. In this episode, we'll learn what fundraising data reveals about virtual gala participants, and how to get the right people to attend your event.
- WHERE TO WATCH: The interview will be on our Facebook Live page
What should you do next?
- CONNECT: Go to our Facebook page now, and click "Like" and "Follow" to ensure that you're a
- lways notified when we go live with new interviews.
- SHARE: Please share this post with others in the nonprofit world who are curious about this topic.
- SUBSCRIBE - Subscribe to our blog! Make sure you're always notified about new interv
iews, information, tips and strategies about nonprofit fundraising.
- JOIN IN - Attend one of our Micro-Focus Groups, during which you can have a conversation with a a nonprofit who has just completed a Virtual Gala. It's educational to hear what it was like directly from the source.
- INQUIRE - Are you curious about what we do, how we do it, and what we charge? Get all your questions answered here: https://virtualgalateam.com/welcome