Comprehensive Guide to Conducting a Virtual Gala at Home
For the past month, we have been working feverishly to complete our Comprehensive Guide to Conducting a Virtual Gala at Home.
We are happy to announce that we are almost done! The course should be available within the next 10 days.
The goal of this course is to give you all the information you need to successfully plan and execute a Virtual Gala on very short notice.
We developed this course on the basis of eight key assumptions:
- Assumption #1 - This will be your first ever virtual gala, so the course must be comprehensive enough to take you from complete beginner to competent professional in short order.
- Assumption #2 - You do not have 6 months to plan your virtual gala -- we assume that you may have as little as 6 weeks to pull off your virtual gala.
- Assumption #3 - The social distancing requirements in your area will be at maximum restriction on the day of your event -- everyone will be broadcasting from his or her own home.
- Assumption #4 - The solution must be accessible to people who are not tech savvy.
- Assumption #5 - Students prefer to watch video rather than reading text, so the course should be delivered primarily as video content.
- Assumption #6 - You should be able to complete the entire course in just one or two days, so the maximum lecture time cannot exceed six hours.
- Assumption #7 - You need as many downloadable elements as possible - script template, powerpoint templates, meeting checklists, cheat sheets, etc.
- Assumption #8 - The course must be affordable.
With those assumption in mind, here is ....
The curriculum for our Virtual Gala at Home Course:
- Tell us about your event
- What you’ll learn
- Download the Course Guide
- How to get help
FOUR LEVELS OF SOCIAL DISTANCING
- Virtual Gala at Home
- Virtual Gala in a Studio
- Virtual Gala with an Audience
- Normal Event with Virtual Components
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Event Captain
- Host / Auctioneer
- The Credible Leader
- Virtual Gala Consultant
- Content Manager
- Chat Promoter
- Social Media Manager
- Mobile Bidding
- Tech Support
- Strategy Meeting
- Practice Session
- Final Details Call
- Dress Rehearsal
- Team Meeting
- The Fraternal Twins Model
- Broadcast Platform Issues
- Presenter Issues
- Mobile Bidding Issues
- Guest Issues
- Random problems
GALA CONTENT ELEMENTS
- Pre-roll Powerpoint
- Main Event Powerpoint
- Post-roll Powerpoint
- Leaderboard Display
- Audience Engagement
- Why Zoom?
- Zoom Webinar
- The Enormous Upside of Facebook Live
- The Enormous Downside of Facebook Live
- YouTube Live
TIPS FOR PRESENTERS
- The Audience is Forgiving
- Virtual Background
- No WiFi Competitors!
- De-Clutter Desktop
- If something goes wrong, don’t panic!
- Pre-event communications
- Sharing Zoom Link
- Sharing Facebook Live Link
- Communicating DURING the event
- Ask and ye shall receive
- Mission Moment
- Paddle Raiser
- Live Auction
- Silent Auction
Here are all of the downloadable tools we've included in the course:
- Roles & Responsibilities Roster
- Content Manager Instructions
- Chat Promoter Prep Sheet
- Chat Promoter Gold Standard Example
- Bundle of Mobile Bidding example slides
- Bundle of Tech Support example slides
- Timeline Spreadsheet
- Script template
- Pre-roll Powerpoint template
- Main Event Powerpoint template
- Post-roll Powerpoint template
- Tips for Presenters
- Contingency Plan Worksheet
- Strategy Meeting checklist
- Practice Session checklist
- Final Details Call checklist
- Dress Rehearsal checklist
- Day-of-Event checklist
- Live Auction slide template
- Paddle Raiser levels slide template
When will the course be available and what will it cost?
We have set Monday, July 20 as the target date to launch the course.
We are on track to hit that date.
The price of the course will be $999.
However, we're offering two discounts.
- The Early Adopter Plan - Register before Sept. 1, 2020 and your price is $699.
- Pre-Order - If you register before Aug. 1, 2020, and use the promo code "Pre-Order", you will receive an additional 20% off the Early Adopter price.
Here are the instructions to get the discounts:
Scroll down to the bottom and select "The Early Adopter Plan" then click the "Sign up now" button.
Click on the "add coupon" button
Enter the code "pre-order" and click "apply".
Then you'll see that your discount has been applied, and the total due is $559.20.
Again, this price is available until the end of July, and the $699 price is available until the end of August.
After that, the price will be $999.
Please let us know if we can be of any assistance to you.
We wish you great fundraising success!!